Friday, July 6, 2012

IV/55b Ottoman

I Picked up this Ottoman army from one of Dave Crenshaw's cleaning out the lead pile sales.  What Dave does not know is that his posts saved the very army he sold me.  I got antsy and spray coated them while it was raining outside...the base semi gloss went on fine but when I sprayed on the dull coat the whole army transformed into ghosts.  Great hour down the drain.  Then I remembered reading his post about re-spraying and it clearing up. It kinda worked for most of the figures.  After three tries, it is "good enough"  noting is as bright as it was once and seems to have one to many layers of coating on the figures.  Oh well,I am not re-painting the darn things.  So be it.  Call it extra armor.


 By the way, Sorry Spencer.  I should be painting NKE but needed something to play with in the mean time.  All my armies are with my family in TN and I needed to have something to destroy Tony Banks with.:)
 This is my first try with the grass tuffs.  I like them, easy to use and look nice.  More expensive then a container of static grass though.  Maybe a combination of the two will work better in the future.
 I have already painted up most of the figures to convert this to RRR.  I just have to paint up one more CV and the separate General.  I will re-post with the new figures.


4 comments:

marco said...

absolutely great !
many thanks
marco
marcofwar.unblog.fr

Unknown said...

Looking good hubby!!!! Like the new grass with these soldiers. Love, Wifey

Doug said...

Very nice work. I also have a few armies that came via the Crenshaw lead disposal service, but none looking as nice as this.

I especially liked the stripy gun commander. Very nice.

Rebecca Gellar said...

Great reeading